The Vincentian Partnership for Social Justice
The ethos of the VPSJ, which is a faith based NGO, is rooted in:
- The call of the Gospels “that all may have life and have it to the full” (John 10.10)
- Belief in the dignity and potential of every human being
- Commitment to working with people experiencing social and economic exclusion in order to bring about the change necessary for a more just and inclusive Ireland
To achieve its goal of working for social and economic change the VPSJ uses four main approaches:
The facilitation of the Active Citizenship/Voter Education Programme which encourages people who have lost confidence in the democratic electoral system to recognise their vote as a voice for social and economic change. Read more »
Engagement in research on the expenditure and income needed for a minimum essential standard of living of all; which produces facts and figures on the standard of living which members of the public have agreed is the minimum below which no one should be expected to live. Read more »
Networking with individuals and groups which share the values and goals of the VPSJ. Read more »
By providing data which reflects current social and economic reality and which is used by different organisations – Government, Statutory Agencies and NGOs in their work. Read more »
The Vincentian Partnership for Social Justice is at present working on:
- The joint project with SVP on MESL is being finalised and will be launched by Regina Doherty, Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection on September 26th at 4.00pm in SVP House.
- Work is continuing on the Rebasing/Reviewing - Minimum Essential Standard of Living Budgets for Households with Children.
- The 2018 data on MESL has been updated.
- Community and Development groups are being contacted regarding the 2018 -2019 Active Citizenship/ Voter Education Programme.
Budget 2019: MESL Impact Briefing
Issued: October 2018
Just.Now Sept-Oct 2018: Palm Oil and the Environment
Issued: September 2018
Download newsletter in pdf format (size : 1630k)
1st International Day of Older Persons
10th World Mental Health Day
16th World Food Day
17th UN Day for the Eradication of Poverty
18th European Day against Human Trafficking